Want a life and productivity hack to get ahead of the day (and your competition)? Try these easy morning journal prompts!
Mornings can be tough, especially when you’re trying to get ahead at work. But did you know that taking just a few minutes to journal can help improve your focus and productivity?
That’s right – journaling can help jumpstart your day and set you up for success. If you’re looking for an easy way to improve your mental and emotional well-being, this is it.
So if you’re looking for an easy way to get ahead of the day, try these morning journal prompts. They’ll help clear your mind, stimulate creative thinking, and provide clarity on your goals for the day ahead. Give them a try!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. This helps me pay to keep this site going and to bring all these free resources to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When’s the best time to use morning journal prompts?
If you’re one of those people who enjoys a leisurely cup of coffee in the morning while reading the morning news and catching up on social media (on your iPad of course), you may want to consider adding a mourning journalling session to your routine.
Here’s the thing – morning journaling is most effective when you remove distractions.
We recommend journalling first thing in the morning, BEFORE you fire up any apps, check your email, social media, etc. This is because morning journaling is all about reflection and self-awareness.
And if you start your morning by scrolling through social media or reading the news, you’re immediately bombarded with outside information and influences that can cloud your own thoughts and feelings.
So give yourself some time to think things through on your own first, before you start taking in everyone else’s thoughts and opinions.
Not only is journaling a great way to get your thoughts down on paper, but it can also be therapeutic. And if you’re not sure what to write about, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
Using a journal each morning also helps you build positivity that will carry you through the day. Try one for a few days to see if it works for you.
So go ahead and give it a try – we promise, it won’t be as hard as you think. And who knows, maybe journaling will become your new favorite morning activity.
40 Morning journal prompts to help you get ahead of the day
Morning journal prompts to get you into a state of gratitude
- What are three things I’m grateful for today?
- What am I grateful for this week?
- What’s the best thing that happened to me yesterday?
- Who has helped me grow as a person?
Morning journal prompts for reflecting on the journey you’ve taken so far
- What is an accomplishment I’m proud of?
- What is going well?
Morning journal prompts to get you connected to the present
- What do you see right now?
- What makes me happy?
- What is worth fighting for?
- What did you dream about last night?
- What are some things that make you happy?
- Why am I here?
- What is the most important thing for you in life?
- What is important to me?
Morning journal prompts for identifying opportunities to grow
- What is my biggest fear?
- What is making me unhappy right now?
- What is keeping me from being successful?
- What is preventing me from reaching my dreams?
- What keeps me up at night?
- What is bothering me?
- What should I stop doing?
- What is holding me back?
- What is the most challenging part of my job?
- What is causing me pain?
- What should be changed?
Morning journal prompts to get you into a state of giving
- What’s one small thing I can do today to make someone else’s day better?
Morning journal prompts to get you focused
- What would make today great?
- What are you looking forward to today?
- What is one thing I want to accomplish today?
- What is my top priority for today?
- What would be your ideal way to spend the day?
- What are three things I need to do today in order to achieve my goal?
- What potential obstacle could prevent me from achieving my goal?
- Who can I ask for help with achieving my goal?
- What are three things I’d like to accomplish by the end of the week?
- What are three things I’d like to accomplish by the end of the month?
Morning journal prompts to get you dreaming bigger and taking action towards your dreams
- Where do I want to be in five years?
- What are three things I’d like to accomplish by the end of the year?
- If I could wave a magic wand and instantly have everything I wanted, what would that be?
- What’s one small step I can take today to move closer to my goal?
- What does success mean to me?
- What is the first step in your new beginning?
Morning journal prompts to get you inspired
- What is my favorite quote?
- Who is someone who inspires me, and why?
Morning journal prompts to help you grow as a person
- What is something I would like to learn?
- What is a goal I’d like to reach?
- What are some goals that I have for myself?
- What are some things that I am proud of?
- What is there to look forward to tomorrow?
It’s time to get journaling!
So there you have it – 40 easy morning journal prompts that will help improve your focus and productivity at work. Give them a try and see how they work for you!
You might just find that it makes your mornings a little easier and a bit brighter.
Taking the time to write in a journal each morning will lead to life-changing results.
If you’re looking for more tips on how to boost your productivity, check out our blog post on 12 Simple Ways to Boost Your Productivity at Work.